- Follow Why watch wildlife? on WordPress.com
- Spurn Point, October 2017 October 13, 2017
- The York Uni Great-crested Grebes…some bad news October 12, 2017
- Pochards and Grebes October 3, 2017
- The hidden meaning of Boris’ “nest of singing birds” October 2, 2017
- Monday Bird of the Week No.62 – Pheasant October 2, 2017
Tag Archives: coot
Back to Heslington Lake now, and some slightly unusual behaviour I have been observing. Advertisements
Carrying on our theme of ‘unduly ignored’ we take a look at the close relative of last week’s Moorhen. The balding old Coot.
Last week I took a longer-than-usual walk round my lunchtime patch, with the aim of logging all the birds I saw in much greater detail. It was very instructive.