- Follow Why watch wildlife? on WordPress.com
- Spurn Point, October 2017 October 13, 2017
- The York Uni Great-crested Grebes…some bad news October 12, 2017
- Pochards and Grebes October 3, 2017
- The hidden meaning of Boris’ “nest of singing birds” October 2, 2017
- Monday Bird of the Week No.62 – Pheasant October 2, 2017
Tag Archives: moorhen
Back to Heslington Lake now, and some slightly unusual behaviour I have been observing. Advertisements
Last week we had a trip to RSPB’s Middleton Lakes reserve near Birmingham. It’s a pleasant place to spend some time, but delivered one genuine surprise that defied the birdbooks.
With little time and no moments of good fortune to fall back on, it’s a quick one today.
Last week I took a longer-than-usual walk round my lunchtime patch, with the aim of logging all the birds I saw in much greater detail. It was very instructive.