- Follow Why watch wildlife? on WordPress.com
- Spurn Point, October 2017 October 13, 2017
- The York Uni Great-crested Grebes…some bad news October 12, 2017
- Pochards and Grebes October 3, 2017
- The hidden meaning of Boris’ “nest of singing birds” October 2, 2017
- Monday Bird of the Week No.62 – Pheasant October 2, 2017
Tag Archives: swan
Last week we had a trip to RSPB’s Middleton Lakes reserve near Birmingham. It’s a pleasant place to spend some time, but delivered one genuine surprise that defied the birdbooks. Advertisements
This week is the last in our run of common urban birds, but it’s a big and dramatic example, and part of a group that has always capture our imaginations. It’s the Mute Swan.
Last week I took a longer-than-usual walk round my lunchtime patch, with the aim of logging all the birds I saw in much greater detail. It was very instructive.